Juicing for weight loss can be not only effective, but delicious as well. After all, there is nothing like a juice diet populated with juices made from all your favorite fruits and vegetables to make your mouth water, and following a juicing diet is a great way to shed all those extra pounds that are weighing you down.
On this site you will learn everything you need to know about juicing weight loss effects, the benefits of juicing fruits are, what the benefits of juicing vegetables are, how juicing for health can be so effective, as well as a few free juicing recipes and some great weight loss juicing recipes.
What is Juicing?
When you think of weight loss juicing, what is the first thing that comes to mind? Is it that sparkling glass with the perfect orange juice without any pulp, or is it a smoothie that is colored a strange purple or green? Most people think of their favorite juice made by Dole or Minute Maid, but real juicing is about as far from that as white is from black.
Juicing means taking whole fruits and vegetables, running them through a juicer or a food processor, and enjoying the resulting liquid. Obviously some of the juices will look as if they were straight out of a carton, while some will look more like something served up in Black Lagoon. However, the juices that look strange are the ones that contain the most nutrients, and you will find that these juices are the ones that will have the most effects in your body.
Juicing Weight Loss Effects
When it comes to weight loss, there is nothing like juicing to help you shed those unwanted pounds. Did you know that most vegetables contain almost no fat, meaning that you can seriously reduce the amount of fat that is floating around your body? You can lower your cholesterol, fight off heart problems, help your brain function better, and improve your body in every way? We will touch on that later, but first let’s take a look at how juicing affects your weight loss.
Let’s imagine for a minute that you are eating a lot of unhealthy foods in your diet, such as greasy delicious pizza, a tasty meaty burger, salty fatty chips, or sweet sugary pastries. In these foods are certain nutrients, and those nutrients are absorbed by the body and used to provide energy for your body to function well. The reason you eat food is to provide your body with energy, and the calories in the food you eat is equal to the amount of energy your body produces from each food item.
However, aside from the good stuff that your body absorbs from the food, there is a lot of sugar and fat in these foods. The body can’t process every kind of fat, and sugar is usually the first to be processed. However, if you eat a lot of these foods, you are putting more fat and sugar in your body than it can handle. When you consume more fats and sugars than your body can handle, what happens is that the body has to store them for use the next day. This way you will always have enough energy to be a healthy boy or girl.
But what happens if you eat more of these fats and sugars than your body needs the next day as well? And the next day after that? Each day you are basically adding to the fat that your body is storing to burn as fuel, and thus you are adding to the fat reserves your body has. It usually starts inside your body, but it quickly becomes visible as your belly, hips, thighs, breasts, and arms expand to accommodate the fat that your body needs to store.
So now we know how you gain weight, but how is juicing related to weight loss?
Well, in order to lose weight, you basically have to do the opposite of what you do to gain weight. If you are eating more fats and processed sugars in order to gain weight, you will have to eat less in order to lose weight. When I say less, what I mean is less than your body needs to produce energy. For example, let’s say that you are an active woman that spends an hour jogging every day. Your body will need between 2300 and 2600 calories of energy every day, with 20 to 25 percent of that energy being in the form of fat. Eating this many calories will provide your body with the exact amount that it needs to stay healthy, have lots of energy, and neither gain nor lose weight.
Now, if you want to lose weight, you are going to have to eat fewer calories than your body needs. When you eat fewer calories than your body needs – let’s use 1800 calories as an example – then your body isn’t getting enough nutrients in order to have energy to help you run and live your active life. Where can it get energy from? That’s right: from the fat cells it has stored around your body. Eating 500 calories less than your requirements every day is enough to help you lose 1 pound (0.45 kilograms) per week. That’s a lot of weight loss over the course of 24 weeks.
How is this related to juicing? Simple: juice is very low in calories, but very high in nutrients. For example, an apple has less than 100 calories, but it is rich in all kinds of nutrients that your body needs to stay healthy. By turning fruits and vegetables into juices, you are giving your body everything it needs to be healthy, but still help you to lose weight as well. After all, if you drink 15 glasses of juice per day, with each glass being 100 calories, you are still only consuming 1500 calories – well below the recommended number. This means that you can seriously drop the pounds by drinking lots of juice, though that is all you will be able to drink.
Juicing for Weight Loss: Creating Your Juice Diet
So, how do you go about creating your own juice diet? The answer is: pick your poison (healthy stuff, actually).
Your goal of juicing for weight loss is to consume far fewer calories than your body needs to be healthy. You will still be getting most of the nutrients your body needs (minus most fats and proteins), but you will be consuming many fewer calories than your body requires. This means that your body will be forced to dip into its savings account (stored fat cells) in order to have enough energy to do everything that you want to do.
In order to create your juice diet, just:
• Pick all of your favorite fruits
• Pick all of your favorite vegetables
• Check how many calories each has
• Throw them in the juicer
• Hit the juicing button
Just like that, your juices can be made, and you can start losing weight today!
Let’s get into it a bit more:
Say you really enjoy carrots, and you look online to find that carrots have a certain number of calories. You also enjoy oranges, and you want to make a carrot orange juice. You determine how many calories an orange carrot juice has, and you whip up your juice.
You will feel full for a few hours at most, but eventually you will get hungry. It is best to avoid getting hungry, as that is when you will start eating. Try and make another juice 3 to 4 hours after drinking the last one, as that will help to prevent you from getting hungry.
Your goal of making these juices is to consume fewer calories than you would if you were eating normal foods, and it will be hard to do so the first few days due to the simple fact that you will have to drink more. You will be used to eating solid foods, so your stomach will grumble and you will feel the need to fill the space with more liquids. The first few days of your juicing diet will usually be much more difficult than the rest, as you will feel the need to eat.
You can read about which vegetables and fruits that are low in carbs on this page.
However, it is important that you stay true to your juicing diet and only drink the juices, so whip up a cup of juice every time the hunger pangs strike. The more juice you drink, the more calories you will be consuming, but the more nutrients you will be consuming as well. By the time a week has passed since you began your juice diet, you will feel much less hungry, and you will have lost a good deal of weight due to the fact that you are consuming far fewer calories than your body needs. You will basically be forcing your body to eat up all its fat stores just to have enough energy to do everything you need to do, and you will feel GREAT!!!!
When to Juice
So when should you drink lots of juice? You can drink it to get all the health benefits and weight loss, but you don’t actually have to go on a juice fast or juicing diet of just juice. In fact, it is often recommended that those with health problems don’t just drink juice, as it can be bad for their health. However, replacing a meal or two every day with juice can be a great way to stay healthy.
For example, your breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and you may sit down to a hearty breakfast of eggs, toast, milk, and coffee. However, when trying to lose weight, you will find that switching out your breakfast for a light one of juice will actually be the best way to cleanse your system, give your body a boost in the morning, and enjoy a low fat breakfast.
It may be hard for you to just drink juice for breakfast, so you can start off combining juice with other light foods. Once your body has adjusted to only juice, you can stick with the healthy liquid that will burn fat and clean up your body. What a great way to start your day!
What is In Weight Loss Juicing Recipes?
“So what is in all these nifty weight loss juicing recipes that I keep reading about?”
The answer: fruits AND vegetables.
That’s right, you read that correctly. The best recipes for your juicing diet contain both fruits and vegetables, as the mix of the two raw foods is what will really pack the punch. The fruits contain all the sweet sugary goodness that makes your juices so enjoyable, while the vegetables contain the fiber that will make you feel full.
Both fruits and vegetables contain lots of fiber, which your body needs to digest food properly. They also contain a variety of nutrients like vitamins, minerals, and enzymes, so getting a balanced amount of both will be important.
Sure, you may think that a bright green shake or juice containing celery, oranges, pineapple, and spinach may not be very tasty, but you might be surprised once you start drinking it. If you make the right juices, you may find that you come to love a fruit and vegetable juice even more than plain fruit juice.
Here is a great weight loss juice recipe for you:
A piece of fresh ginger
Throw all these ingredients in the juicer, stir the resulting juice well, and enjoy!
See how easy these juice recipes can be?
Juicing for Weight Loss: The Benefits of a Juicing Diet
Now we know all about how to make juices, but what makes this juicing diet such a great idea? After all, it’s just drinking a lot of liquids, which means that you will have light diarrhea the entire time? That can’t be a good thing, can it?
The truth of the matter is that the light diarrhea caused by the juicing diet can actually be a serious benefit to your body, along with many other benefits:
• Colon Cleanse – Your colon is full of wastes that your body has not yet been able to eliminate, but there is also a wide variety of bacteria living inside your colon. If the bacteria gets out of control, you may end up with any number of colon infections. Using juice to help cleanse your colon is very effective, as the fiber in the juices helps to absorb the waste material and the diarrhea cleanses your system.
• Weight Loss – As this page proves, juicing for weight loss is one of the best ways to shed pounds at a fast, healthy rate. The fact that you are filling your body with important nutrients while still cutting back on the foods you eat will help you to lose pounds at a very rapid rate, all without affecting your metabolism or causing health problems.
• Cholesterol Elimination – Cholesterol is found in the food that you eat, and it is produced by your body. Too much cholesterol can cause heart attacks, strokes, and many more problems. However, the antioxidants in the fruits and vegetables can help to eliminate the bad cholesterol while boosting the good cholesterol. Fiber is also one of the most effective cholesterol reduction agents, and all raw foods are rich in fiber.
• Acne Removal – If your skin is covered in acne, there is a chance that it could be the result of the toxins that are floating around your body. Rather than letting the toxins cause all the acne, you can get rid of the problem by drinking healthy juices that will cleanse your body. You can infuse your skin with Vitamins A, C, E and other essential nutrients that it needs to be healthy, young, and acne-free.
• Liver Cleanse –The liver is the part of the body that absorbs all of the toxins that float around your system, but what happens when the liver has too many toxins to store? Rather than allowing liver problems to threaten, why not consider a juicing diet? All the fiber in the juices will help to get rid of the toxins, thus giving your liver a break.
• Digestive Problem Terminator – If you are having problems with your digestive tract, you may find that your stomach will be upset. Whether you have lactose intolerance, acid reflux, or another digestive tract disorder, you can give your stomach a break by trying a juice diet that is rich in nutrients.
• Detoxification Diet – When your body gets full of toxins, it starts to break down much more quickly than it should. This means that your organs may start shutting down, your skin will show discoloration, and your muscles can have problems. Fiber helps to get rid of toxins like nothing else can, so following a diet that is rich in fiber (from fruits and veggies) is the best way to go.
• Cellulite Disposal – Many people around the world have cellulite deposits on their buttocks, thighs, and legs, and thus cellulite can be unsightly. Did you know that certain antioxidants and minerals can help to prevent cellulite? By trying a juicing diet, you can help to get rid of the problem and prevent it from coming back.
Who knew that the juicing diet had so many benefits?
The Benefits of Juicing Fruits
Now you know the benefits of juicing raw foods, why should you juice fruits? What are the benefits of juicing fruits?
• Fruits are packed with Vitamin C, specifically citrus fruits. Apples contain lots of pectin and flavonoids, and berries are rich in all kinds of antioxidants.
• All fruits tend to be sweet, thus giving your juice a pleasant taste. Few vegetables are sweet, so drinking raw vegetable juice would be far more unpleasant than it is when you add from fruits.
• Some fruits are very high in certain minerals, like bananas and potassium or apples and pectin. You cannot get as much of these minerals from other sources, so eating more fruits is important.
Benefits of Juicing Vegetables
Most people like to juice fruits, but vegetables can actually be much better for you to add to your juices. What are the benefits of juicing vegetables?
• Leafy greens contain certain antioxidants that cannot be found in fruits, as well as folic acid that is essential for your body.
• Fruits contain a lot of sugar, which means they are higher in calories. Vegetables are lower in calories, meaning that mixing the two will result in a low calorie, lower sugar drink.
• Vegetables contain more soluble fiber than fruit, thus making them more effective at ridding the body of all the toxins, cholesterol, and bacteria that can cause problems.
As you can see, balancing fruit and vegetables in your juices is very important, so make sure to add vegetables to your fruit juice whenever possible.
Juicing for Weight Loss: Finding Free Juicing Recipes Online
If you want to find excellent free juicing recipes, the internet is the best place to look. While looking in a book can provide you with lots of recipes, the internet literally has thousands of juice recipes you can try.
This site has lots of great information on juices made from all kinds of fruits and vegetables, so be sure to check out one of our other pages Juicing Recipes.
Tastiest Fruit Juices
What are the tastiest fruits for your juicing diet?
• Oranges have a very sweet flavor, and they will add a lot of sugar to any vegetable juice to make it taste better and less “green”.
• Juicing watermelon is a great way to make a watery drink that will not be too full of fiber, and it is not too sweet.
• Strawberries are great to add to beet juice particularly, as the slightly sweet flavor of the beets will combine perfectly with the extra strong strawberries.
• Apple juice will create a slightly sweet background taste that you can use to add to light-colored vegetable juices, such as celery or cactus.
These are a few ideas that can help you whip up some tasty vegetable and fruit juices with your favorite fruits.
Juicing for Health Tips
If you are getting into a juicing diet, here are some tips to go about it the right way:
• Start out right – Don’t jump straight into a diet of just juice, but start eating only fruits and veggies the day before you start hardcore juicing to give your stomach time to adjust.
• Make the diet last – If you really want to lose weight, you have to stick with your juicing diet for at least a week. Juicing for weight loss is only truly effective if you make the diet last, so stay true to your juicing diet to see excellent results.
• Avoid temptation – You are bound to feel hungry or lust after your favorite snacks or foods while on the juicing diet. DON’T! Avoid temptation and stay true to the diet.
• Experiment – Don’t just drink one kind of juice day after day, but try experimenting with all combinations of fruits and vegetables to get a wide range of tasty juices.
• Cool Down – Just like you cool down after a workout, so too you need to do the same with your juice diet. After your last day of just juicing, eat raw foods for one day, and add cooked vegetables the next day. Take it easy when getting back into eating food, as it will give your stomach a break.
If you are interested in losing weight rapidly, juicing for weight loss is the way to go!
Want to learn more? Check out the other great and informative pages on this site: Juicing Recipes, Lemon Juice Diet, Prune Juice for Constipation, Juice cleanse, Cactus Juice and Prickly Pear Juice and Aloe Vera Juice Benefits.
Go to the top of this page,
Juicing for Weight Loss